2nd Annual: LAST TO LEAVE, FIRST TO ARRIVE
Charity Art Show at the University of Miami
WEDNESDAY | FEBRUARY 27, 2018 | 4-8PM
University of Miami students, alumni, local artists and diehard Miami Hurricane fans are bringing the U family together AGAIN for a great cause.
GreekWeek at the U is excited to announce the 2nd annual student ran "Last To Leave, First To Arrive" Sebastian The Ibis themed Charity Art Show.
Last year we brought over 30+ artists, students and alumni together to raise funds for hurricane relief in Puerto Rico, this year “It’s On Us” to stop sexual assault.
Last To Leave, First To Arrive will be held at the University Center Lakeside Patio on Wednesday, February 27, 2018 from 4:00-8:00 PM.
This family friendly free event is a unique gathering of students, alumni, artists and performers donating their interpretation of “Sebastian the Ibis” to a great cause.
100% of all art sales will go to the following causes:
• Miami’s local child victims at Kristi House
• “It’s On Us” UM campus and national efforts to stop sexual assault
The U from the streets to the academic
This event is free and will not only feature work from local artists like Atomik who is famous for his Orange Bowl inspired character that is plastered across the streets of Miami, but will:
• Feature LIVE painting by Surge who painted last year's famous "Catholics vs. Confidence" mural.
• Provide U an interactive painting experience. Want to learn how to spray paint graffiti art? Donate a small fee to create your own piece with instructions from Miami street art legends.
• Feature a performance by Miami hip hop artist Solo D, known of his hit song "Turnover Chain"
• Include a display of classic Sebastian memorabilia from the University of Miami’s Sports Hall of Fame
• Feature student, alumni and hurricane impacted artists and performers, plus a special appearance by “Sebastian The Ibis” mascot
• Food available from Jimmy John's
Last To Leave, First To Arrive not only aims to raise awareness and funds about sexual assault and how to help victims, but hopes to bring the broader Miami community together for a family friendly event.
How to Contribute:
100% of the “Sebastian The Ibis” inspired pieces and prints sold at http://lasttoleavefirsttoarrive.bigcartel.com/ will be donated to the cause.
• BEAU - South Beach Artist & Curator, known for his Sebastian The Ibis street art
• ATOMIK - Miami Street Artist, known for his Orange Bowl inspired character
• D’MAURI JONES - Florida native, UM Alumni and former Miami Hurricane Wide Receiver
• MILAGROS – a semi-permeable collective in Florida comprised of Felici Asteinza & Alvin Fillastre
• CROME – Opa Laka, FL native, known as South Florida's most influential graffiti artist
• SURGE – Miami street artist, known for his “Catholics vs. Confidence” mural
• ChrisRWK – New York City artist from Australia and founder of ROBOTS WILL KILL
• PLUS: 5 GALLONS, DRIP, REGISTERED ARTIST, KOMIK, JKREST, KOMIK, ZOE, FREAKY KISS DESIGNS and many more student, alumni and hurricane impacted artists
Online Gallery: http://lasttoleavefirsttoarrive.bigcartel.com/
UNIVERSITY CENTER LAKESIDE PATIO 1320 S Dixie Hwy Coral Gables, FL
LAST TO LEAVE, FIRST TO ARRIVE TEAM:
UM Greek Week Chair & Student: Caroline Smolkin
Local Artist & Curator: Beau Bradbury
Event Manager, Curator & Alumni: Rebecca Neunuebel