A lot of children write letters to Santa Claus every year but they don't always hear back, so the US Postal Service is offering their tips on the best way to get that letter with the North Pole postmark, and it’s simple if you follow these instructions:
- Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response. To save paper, write the response on the back of the original letter.
- Insert the response letter into an envelope and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE to the envelope.
- Affix a First-Class Mail® stamp to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope — preferably a Priority Mail Flat Rate® envelope — with appropriate postage and address it to:
North Pole Postmark
4141 Postmark Drive
Anchorage, AK 99530-9998
Greetings from the North Pole Post Office must be received by the Anchorage, AK, Postmaster no later than Dec. 13. Santa’s helpers at the Postal Service will take care of the rest. Find out more about the program HERE.