If you're staying at home to protect yourself from the Coronavirus, but you still need to go out to get groceries then you might find yourself in a pickle. How do you stay safe and also go to a populated place that lots of the population are still frequenting?
There are things you can do to protect yourself from the new Coronavirus while out shopping, said Dr. Joshua Lenchus, regional medical director at Broward Health Medical Center.
- Head to the grocery store during off-peak hours, usually as soon as they open.
- Order your groceries online and have them delivered and use the order ahead and drive-up services.
- If you do venture into a store, wipe down your shopping cart with disinfectant wipes.
- Avoid crowded aisles.
- If you can, leave the kids at home to limit the number of people in the store.
- As soon as you get home, wash your hands.
Most food stores are not requiring their clerks and cashiers to wear masks or gloves and in fact, some are discouraging it so it's up to us to be diligent!