No doubt about it, 2020 has been a rough year for many people. Not only are we struggling with the health consequences (both physical and mental) of a global pandemic, many of us are also struggling with the economic consequences. Many have less money to go around—while many others may have lost their income entirely.
Walmart and rewards app Ibotta have teamed up to provide a free Thanksgiving dinner big enough to feed a family of five after cashback. The meal includes the following:
- A 3 lb. Butterball Turkey Breast Roast
- A 6-ounce Great Value Stuffing Mix
- A 0.87-ounce McCormick Gravy Pouch
- An 8-ounce Idahoan Mashed Potatoes Pouch
- A 10.5-ounce can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- A 14-ounce can of Great Value Cranberry Sauce
- A 12-ounce pack of Great Value Green Beans
- A 2.8-ounce pack of French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- A 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola
To get the free Thanksgiving meal, which has a total value of just over $20, customers will need to do the following:
- Download the free Ibotta app or browser extension.
- Click on the free Thanksgiving offer, which will show you how to add all nine free Thanksgiving dinner items to your Walmart shopping list.
- Shop for the items either online at walmart.com or at a Walmart store.
- After paying for the items, scan your receipt or link your Walmart Grocery account in the Ibotta app.
- Once that is done, you’ll get the full purchase price of the items as cashback right in the Ibotta app.
Of course, the rebates will only be available for the exact products on this list from Walmart, and you'll only be able to get back the rebate that's listed on Ibotta (so if you get a heavier turkey for instance, you'll only get $9.98 back regardless of what you pay). Still, money back is money back! This deal will only be available while supplies last, so yet another incentive to get your Thanksgiving shopping done early.
Although times are tough for many, not having to pay full price for a Thanksgiving dinner can hopefully reduce some of the stress that comes with getting the feast on the table. This offer is available for both pick-up, delivery, and in-store at all Walmart locations.