Formula one is expensive to attend and if you don't want to fight the traffic and the crowds maybe getting away to Fort Lauderdale is a good idea!
Various watch parties for the race Sunday will take place on Fort Lauderdale Beach, where the Grand Prix Beach Party will feature race simulators, driver appearances and more ahead of the watch party.
This is what it says on myfortlauderdalebeach.com
"Greater Fort Lauderdale has the formula for a great Grand Prix weekend at the Grand Prix Beach Party presented by Alfa Romeo at Las Olas Oceanside Park May 6 through 8. Get a taste of the exciting world of Formula 1 racing with free interactive experiences including the latest Alfa Romeo vehicles and merchandise, DJs, bars, food trucks, the Avion Tequila Experience and more. Watch the race LIVE on the park’s video wall from 3:30 to 5:00pm Sunday, May 8! Park entrance is free with registration."
RACE VIEWING SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, MAY 8
3:30 PM – 5:30 PM – Formula 1 Race Watch Party
- Alfa Romeo Simulator
- Alfa Romeo Merchandise Shop
- Alfa Romeo Photo Moment with the Tonale (new release vehicle)
- Alfa Romeo Driver Appearance Fri/Sat – to be determined
- Gelato Moments each day
- Alfa Romeo Coffee Bar
- Merchandise Customization Station by Rebels to Dons
- Pop-up Death to Tennis Shop
- Silent Auction with F1 gear embellished by Rebels to Dons + Death to Tennis
- DJs presented by SoundCloud (TBC today)
- Saturday Morning Yoga
- Sunday Morning Bootcamp
- Saturday Night Movie, Racing in the Rain
FOOD & DRINK
G.H. Mumms Champagne
The Long Drink
Made In Italy: Italian Delicacies
Juice Somm: Acai, Smoothies, Salads
Santo Dulce: Churros & Ice Cream
And the best part is, IT'S FREE! So throw it in the calendar and I'll see you there!