The scariest haunted house in the U.S. requires that you sign a 40-page waiver, bring a doctor's note, and have a safe word. Oh yeah, it's that bad. But you could win $20,000 if you get through it! Basically, a madman named Russ McKamey decided he was going to test the boundaries of how much horror people can endure...and he's doing it all for dog food! That's right, dog food. Fox 2 in St. Louis reported that McKamey has five dogs, so all you need to do to enter is bring a bag of dog food.
Well it's actually a bit more complicated than that.
"The Manor’s website lists seven must-do items before the tour can begin.
- Be 21 years old or older, or 18-20 with parents approval
- Completed “Sports Physical” and doctor’s letter stating you are physically and mentally cleared
- Pass a background check provided by McKamey Manor
- Be screened via Facebook, Facetime or phone
- Proof of medical insurance
- Sign a detailed 40-page waiver
- Pass a portable drug test on the day of the show"
You're also required to watch a movie-length compilation of people failing to complete the tour over the years. It's pretty wild.
Here are the warnings and rules for the experience:
Intense audio, lighting, extreme low visibility, strobe and fog effects, damp and wet conditions, phycially demanding environments, close contact with creatures (you might be touched), very real and graphic scenes of horror.
No smoking, drinking, eating, running inside, or touching of props and/or actors. McKamey Manor reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone for any reason. The guest voluntarily assumes all risks/dangers associated with participation in this event.
Check out the video below: