Pauly’s “No Mayo" Smoked Fish Dip:
- First, catch a fish. Kingfish, Wahoo, Mackerel or Sailfish (I used sailfish because one died unfortunately while we were fishing).
- Brine the fish with salt & brown sugar over night. Soak in apple juice for a couple of hours. Smoke fish from 2 to 5 hours depending on the thickness of the fillets. Here’s the recipe:
- One pound smoked fish chopped fine in food processor
- Remove fish, add 8 oz Cream cheese, 8 oz Plain Greek yogurt, half cup water, two tablespoons of lemon juice, salt, pepper, onion powder and a seeded jalapeño pepper or two, dash of cayenne pepper, a clove of garlic. Mix all in food processor, then mix in fish.
- Serve with beer and crackers and thank me later.
-Your Friend, Paul Castronovo