Taking football out of my weekends leaves me plenty of time to catch up on some good quality TV and streaming shows. TV is back and here’s what I’m watching...
(In no particular order; but it is weird that many of these shows fall on Sunday nights.)
- The Outsiders, HBO...based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, it’s freaking creepy! I read the book and know what happens but the show still has my wife and I I glued to the TV...tip: don’t watch it before bed!
- Hunters, Prime Video...Been waiting for this one. Al Pacino (he’s gonna get an Emmy for this one) leads a group of Nazi hunters in 1977 America. Violent, graphic and insane. I hate Nazi’s.
- Better Call Saul, AMC....it’s been off the air so long that you may forget how good Vince Gilligin is as a writer. He killed it with Breaking Bad and so far this season...which is the one we’ve been waiting for is delivering. Bob Odenkirk is just so good.
- Walking Dead, AMC...someone said, “you’re the last person still watching that show”. Hardly! It just came back and the first episode literally had me hyperventilating. When they’re on, they do horror right. One Twitter guy said, “it jumped the shark”. How does a show that deals with a zombie apocalypse jump the shark? What, it’s not as real as it once was?
- Curb Your Enthusiasm, HBO. If you’re not or have never watched, that’s on you. Larry David the creator of Seinfeld, has given us next level comedy for a decade. Vince Vaughn has joined the cast this season, which touches on Harvey Weinstein, Me Too, Urinals, Scones and fake fruit.
- Homeland, Showtime ...Carrie is still crazy, Saul is the greatest. It’s the final season, where is it gonna go? Fear the beard.
- The Morning Show, Apple TV Plus. I binge watched this one over Christmas, and lemme tell ya...it’s good. Jennifer Anniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carrell. All Star cast, nominated for a bunch of awards, set behind the scenes of a Good Morning America type tv show, where Carrell plays the role of an anchor accused of sexual misconduct.
- Bad Company the Official 40th Anniversary Documentary, Prime video. I love Bad Company, Paul Rogers is maybe in the top 3 all time great rock singers. This is their story.
- “Don’t Fuc& with Cats” on Netflix...this documentary is freaking nuts. Some freak posts a disturbing video involving cats. The internet goes after him. You have gotta watch it. Now.
- For All Mankind, Apple TV plus....The Russians beat us to the moon, this is what may have happened with the space race if it in fact went that way. I’m not sold on this one yet but the production is great and it has potential.
- Also watched Casino Royale maybe the best of the modern Bond films
Photo: Getty Images