Beaches in Broward County are set to begin reopening this morning, but before people can return to the sand, officials said there are several strict rules they need to follow in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Beachgoers will be allowed to jog, swim, kayak or paddleboard, but picnicking, sunbathing, sitting or lying on the sand is still prohibited.
- No umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers or coolers allowed.
- No group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer or football.
- No group gathering or events of more than 10 people.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household or group.
- Municipalities will have the ability to enact stricter requirements, and as with all other aspects of this emergency order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this order.
Read the full emergency order outlining all rules HERE.