New dates are set for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show!
The rescheduled event will take place November 21-22 featuring all four U.S. Air Force fighter jet demonstration teams. In 2020, for the first time ever, the F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning II, F-16 Viper and A-10 Thunderbolt II Demonstration Teams will all perform over Fort Lauderdale Beach.
While the event is free, tickets that have already been purchased for the VIP Penthouse, Flight Line Club and Drop Zone Beach will be honored on the rescheduled date or guests can choose to exchange them for next year’s event on May 8-9, 2021 that will feature the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.
Fort Lauderdale city manager Chris Lagerbloom said the outdoor nature of the Fort Lauderdale Air Show is ideal "in the era of social distancing. “The stage for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show is two miles wide and 500 feet high. Spectators can watch from their backyard, balcony, boat or the beach.”
For those going to the show, rather than watching from their homes, this year’s event will take place under a series of Stay Safe and Separate Initiatives to ensure the safety of all guests at the event. Some precautions include:
- Reduced number of tickets available to each venue to ensure guests can separate from other groups
- Tickets must be purchased online or by phone, but won’t be sold at the event.
- Contactless ticket scanning and individually packaged wristbands guests can put on themselves
- Increased presence of hand-washing and sanitizing stations in all premium viewing areas
- Masks are required when walking, using the restroom or getting food and beverage
To find out more about the safety precautions, the Air Show itself, or to purchase VIP tickets visit fortlauderdaleairshow.com.
Thumbnail photo: Getty Images