Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fallout!
This week we learned that the RR Hall of fame decided to nominate Dionne Warwick to its 2021 class, along with LL Cool J, Kate Bush, Mary J Blige and a few others that I questioned (is it really rock and roll?) it made me look at some bands that have yet to be nominated. Here’s just a few that should be guaranteed!
- Bad Company/Free: Paul Rogers has one of the defining and greatest voices in the genre
- Blood, Sweat and Tears : their use of horns and incorporating Jazz is probably the reason Chicago was formed
- Blue Oyster Cult: iconic songs
- Boston: Tom Schultz was an innovator and tut first album was as impactful in the 70’s as Nirvana in the 90’s
- BTO / The Guess Who : Randy Bachman created two bands that should be in paving the way for other Canadian artists!
- Dave Matthews Band: Yes!
- Jethro Tull: who else could make a flute cool?
- Jimmy Buffett: started an entire genre , the parrot head!
- Joe Cocker: nobody moves or sounds like Joe
- Joe Walsh: he’s in with the Eagles but his guitar sound is deserved
- Judas Priest: They started the Metal and Leather movement
- Kansas: first violins in rock
- Meat Loaf: theatrics!
- Pat Benatar: pioneering female rocker
- Peter Frampton / Humble Pie: that cool talk box from Frampton Comes Alive should get him in
- Phil Collins: he’s in with Genesis
- Scorpions: because of Them I know what Gorky Park is
- Soundgarden: oh hell yes. Chris Cornell is a God
- Sting: maybe. He’s already in with the Police
- Styx: they were the 70’s and 80’s
I think there should be more love for the 70’s bands but I’m happy for the guys in Iron Maiden!