Your dog is not only your pet but your protector too. We are married to our dogs, but not half as much as they are married to us. In their dog brains, large or small they love you and care about your safety.
When the fireworks go off, make sure they are OK.
Here are 5 quick tips for dog peace.
- Stay home tonight and on July 4th. (You can party another night without drunks on the road and for a lot less money.)
- Take extra walks today so your dog is relaxed and feeling cared about. (You'll feel good too after eating high calorie foods for a week.)
- Cook some fresh/frozen ground turkey and mix it with their dog food. Tryptophan is healthy for dogs and puts them is a calmer state with less stress and anxiety.
- Keep your curtains/blinds closed and let them sit in your chair.
- Give your dog a big bone to gnaw on. If they don't like bones, keep their favorite treats handy.
Bonus tip: Play soothing peaceful voices/ballads/classical music on your iHeartRadio app. (Your dog loves you and calm music/peaceful voices.)